Tuesday 17 January 2012

It's this big


It is great at this stage to finally see something that kind of looks like a boat! (Well to me anyway)


Setting up the bulkheads has been the most rewarding part of the build so far. It was not without difficulty though as I started out by just trying to use the locating holes to line it up, but working by myself I soon discovered it was near impossible as I needed another pair of hands or eyes, so I gave up and bought a laser level which you can see on a tripod in the picture. Even with the laser, it was a long process.


Here you can see I am using the handy clamps again to hold a bulkhead in place while it is positioned to line up with the laser lines. I know the laser level will prove very useful as the build continues, already I have used it to check the stringer measurements I made earlier on the bulkheads, it is a great way of confirming measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment