Sunday 31 March 2013

Painting Topsides

After changing my mind about a colour scheme more times than I can remember, you can now see what I settled on.


It took some planning to have time available for re coating and masking within the recommended time frames. It is a two part paint system which I applied with a roller and brush tip off. I have not put top coat on areas of the deck which are yet to have non skid paint applied. Overall the job of painting is quite rewarding as after all the hours of prep, a short time spent painting and the hull suddenly looks almost finished!

2 comments:

  1. wow Rodney
    you were'nt kidding about the colour scheme. Your boat is going to be a real standout. Looks excellent. I would be very interested to hear details of the paint system sometime. By the way, why not throw this photo onto your K Designs as well- might generate a bit of excitement there
    regds Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the colour should help it to be seen, which I think is a good thing. Especially on a small boat.

    ReplyDelete