Saturday 7 September 2013

It's over

The starboard hull is finally the right way up. I had the help of a friend today to do it and it was a fairly easy two person job. Have not weighed it yet but feels light. The port hull was 88Kg at this stage.


I also took the opportunity to remove and dismantle the bulkhead supporting frame. No more hulls to build! This will help a lot keeping the floor clear and working around the boat easier especially now as there is not so much room.


It is so cool now having the hulls up and side by side.

5 comments:

  1. Gongratulations!!! It starts looking like a very fast Catamaran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hardy. Speaking of fast, your build is coming along very well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Rodney. I lost count of the number of times I tripped on my building frame and was pleased when I could finally remove it. Just FYI, I have a couple of cradles with small casters on them that I used for my floats. You are welcome to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Greg. Yeah it was good to get rid of it, makes it feel like I'm on the home stretch also.
    Thanks for the cradle offer, might come in handy when it comes time to move the hulls for beam line up.

    Nice to see your boat sitting happy in the water on my way to work. Gives me more motivation.

    ReplyDelete