Thursday 13 November 2014

It's in

Today with less than ideal conditions we put the boat in.


To launch it we put some wheels under the hulls and wheeled it down the ramp with it tied to a car to slow it down. Seemed a bit unconventional but it worked, but probably wouldn't want to do it that way on a bigger boat.


I have not sorted out sails yet, so it was a motor cruise for the first voyage. The 5Hp motor seems enough. Cruises around 6.5 knots, max speed 8 knots.

Still lots of small jobs to do, including sails, don't think I'll have enough money for new sails though. But I'm happy with how it is coming together.

2 comments:

  1. Again congratulations from me. Really nice Fotos and good to see the waterline is looking good. Great to see all the much work has made sense and the result is a wonderful exceptional catamaran. Thanks for the pictures and the short video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hardy. It has been a very busy few weeks. I've almost pushed myself too much to get it in the water.

      Delete