Saturday 29 December 2012

Windows & Entrance

Here are the side windows for the boat.



I had these CNC cut which did not cost much more than the cost of the Acrylic. I simply emailed the DXF files and picked them up. The edges are polished and look great. I didn't trust myself to do a good job cutting them, so it is nice to know they are exactly the shape designed for the boat.


I then used the actual windows to mark out the hole.

Next job was cutting out the area which will become the hatch and entrance for the cabin.


Obviously, lots of care needed here, so I took my time using the multitool to get a nice clean and straight cut.


The pieces I cut out will be used to help form the sliding hatch and entrance panels.

2 comments:

  1. inspirational, Rodney. Have you decided on a colour scheme yet? There's a Hempel agent on TM who is offering every RAL colour, some of which are truly wild.
    keep up the great work
    regds Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. Funny you mention colour, as it has been on my mind a lot over the last week. Thanks for the tip about Hempel paint, I just had a look and there are some new options for me there. I would really like to use a dark colour but due to concerns about heat damaging the boat I might go for a mid colour, still deciding. In any case, this boat will not be all white.

      Delete