Friday 24 May 2013

Let's do that again

Time for some Deja vu.

It was good to dust off the second set of bulkheads which I made about 18 months ago. And clear some space to set them up.

In this pic you can see I had to shift the base just a little bit to give me enough room to work beside the finished hull.


Then it was a case of "How did I do this last time?". Oh yeah. That's right.


Laser level and being careful, measuring twice and all that.
It is a nice feeling to be working on the second half of the boat. :)

6 comments:

  1. Great to see the 2nd hull underway Rodney.
    This should be a cinch for you. Ready by Labour weekend???

    cheers Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Bryan. Yeah I could do it by Labour weekend if I could get someone to fill in for me at work :). But as for being a cinch, yes for sure I won't be spending nearly as much time thinking about how to do this. Though I will need to measure some of the things I did on hull 1 which I did a bit "freehand".

      Delete
  2. Looks like it's coming together....must have a little more time these days.?.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda. Na, I'm still time poor as. I can see things improving in the future though. Hopefully by the time the boat is finished, my amount of spare time will be enough to actually go sailing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rodney. Really great to see the second hull going on, the boat will be a beauty! Many greetings from Germany, Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hardy. Thanks, yeah it feels good to be starting the second hull for sure. It's nice to hear from you and very nice to know I helped inspire you to start your own build. From what I have seen of your work so far I'm sure you will have a great boat. :)

      Delete