Friday 21 June 2013

First Starboard Plank

The bottom is on.

In this photo I have put the plank on to check for size and mark out where the glue will be going. You can also see here the cuts made in the stringer to get the tighter curve of the rocker at the stern.


As with all the plywood panel gluing I sand and recoat with epoxy where the glued surfaces are including the stringers. All plywood I use I have pre coated with epoxy on the interior side twice, with a light sanding between coats. I prepared quite a few sheets back in Summer when it was an easy job, which should get me through the winter.

Here the bottom is glued in place. Notice I have also installed the inspection ports already.


At this point I am ready to start fairing the stringers prior to putting the hull panels on.

1 comment: