Saturday 20 July 2013

First starboard panels on

Slowly the second hull is taking shape.

Here are the latest pics showing one side (the easy side) done. It is a good thing I pre coated these plywood panels with epoxy back in summer, the weather has been very cold and damp lately.




The only thing I'm doing a bit different this time around is doing a more tidy job with the glue and also I am epoxy coating the stringers at this point also as it is easier to get to some of them and there is no dust collecting on them at this point which helps.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rodney

    looking good. You were very smart doing all the pre coating. I have been kicking myself for the same reason for not doing it. keep up the good work

    regards
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Yeah I learned about that one last winter. It is much harder to get a good finish in the cold that's for sure.

      Delete