Saturday 14 December 2013

Cabin shape

Here we go with the starboard cabin. It took a lot of care to match up the cabin curve. I levelled the hull and used the laser level to mark the dimensions and sand to shape.

Then on with the first sheet of the roof .



Then the second layer which I propped up from inside and added some weight to make sure the bond is good.

Once again I'm back to putting on sheets of ply, which is probably the most enjoyable job during the build as the boat quickly takes on a new shape.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rodney
    Absolut right, thats great to see how you make big steps forward! To have the hulls side by side is a good thing for making the cabin curve more exact. Do you plan to mount any winches at your boat?
    Cheers
    Hardy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hardy.
    Yes the side by side thing is good. A bit of a squeeze though.
    I do not plan on putting any winches on the boat. I don't expect the loads will be that big. I might put a 2:1 purchase on the jib sheet and use a typical beach cat type main sheet setup.

    ReplyDelete