Wednesday 28 August 2013

More Glass

Time to layer on the cloth again.
I had to buy some more cloth. But should have enough now to finish the boat.


I am getting better at this than when I started for sure. Again finding it is so important to lay out and press the cloth into it's location before applying resin. This time around I am actually enjoying doing the fibreglass because I have learned what not to do.

Another trick this time around can be seen below. I tilted the hull over when doing this side to make applying the resin easier.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rodney
    are you working with the dry or wet method for laminating, i.e. do you put the glas first on the ply and add epoxy through the glas, or first epoxy and than glas on the wet surface?
    Cheers
    Hardy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hardy
    I use the dry method. Because I am doing it all by myself, the dry method gives me more time to do the job.

    ReplyDelete